The annual self-congratulatory ICC Awards bash is being held today. There will be the usual awards which won’t really inspire, surprise or generate pages of discussion on the internet. Unless we include the “OMG! Why isn’t SACHIN the winner of every award?” fandrones out there.
Cynical? Maybe. But what purpose does this bash actually serve other than a self-promotion tool for the ICC?
So let’s jazz things up a bit by suggesting a few awards of our own for Haroon Lorgat to consider. Let’s start the ball rolling with a couple of suggestions…
Continue reading Alternative ICC Awards
We walk out to bat, call for a leg stump guard and dig a trench along that line. We dig like Jonathan Trott, of whom we are great supporters. We walk away, get into our little bubble – we don’t care if anyone is annoyed by it – walk back to the stumps and take our guard.
Welcome to Don’t Chase The Wide Ones, a new blog centred around cricket. Things may run off at a tangent but the central aspect of DCTWO will be cricket, often with a Surrey and England slant. Some posts will be humorous, some will be reportage and some will be questioning, critical and/or challenging of something or someone that we think needs Cluesticking (that is, a smack upside the head with a Clue stick).
DCTWO is a journey. Check out the Author & Agenda page to learn a little more about DCTWO.
There are some sincerely held beliefs here at DCTWO, just so people can see where we’re coming from.
- We enjoy good cricket, from whichever team it comes
- We like good fish and chips and a bar that serves cider and soft drinks at reasonable prices
- We don’t have it in for any team, not even Glamorgan (Yates is a Jamie Dalrymple fan)
- We’re not malicious unless it’s the PCB in which case it’s well deserved
- A 6 is a 6 and not a “DLF maximum”
- We’re alarmed at the number of people in cricket administration who need Cluesticking
- Ijaz Butt and Andrew Hilditch are two people in dire need of severe Cluesticking
- Justin Vaughan needs to be cut loose from his BCCI branded gimp outfit and readjusted to society. His gutless role in the Shane Bond story will never be forgotten
- The BCCI is far too big for its boots and needs bringing down to size
- Quite why Daryl Harper and Asoka de Silva stayed as international umpires for so long bemuses us
The guard is marked, DCTWO’s innings has started. Let’s play.
Remember: be smart, be safe – don’t chase the wide ones.